What is Optune Gio
Quick facts about Optune Gio
survival results in newly diagnosed GBM1
patients with GBM started Optune Gio2
certified medical centers prescribing Optune Gio for GBM3
What is Optune Gio?
Optune Gio is a wearable treatment delivery system that can provide continuous anti-cancer therapy*
- Small and lightweight, at just 2.7 pounds4
- Designed for convenience, carrying comfort, and usability
- Wearable and portable for use during most normal daily activities
How Optune Gio works
Optune Gio leverages biophysical principles to disrupt tumor viability
- Watch how Tumor Treating Fields can disrupt cancer cell division. This video shows the mechanism of action of TTFields
Optune Gio can provide consistent, continuous anti-cancer treatment.1,*
Optune Gio uses alternating electric fields to target GBM cells.
*Continuous treatment requires patient to be wearing the powered device.
How Optune Gio is used
Transducer arrays are applied to the shaved scalp and must be changed at least 2 times per week (every 4 days, at most)5
- Arrays should always have good scalp contact
- Avoid activities that may result in the device or transducer arrays becoming wet. Getting the device wet may cause it damage2
Recommended usage goal for Optune is 18+ hours/day, which gives patients flexibility to decide which times of day are best for use2
Patients can benefit most from wearing Optune Gio for the recommended time6
- In the phase 3 pivotal trial, 75% of patients used Optune Gio 18 or more hours a day during the first 3 months of treatment
- 50% daily use was the threshold for significant survival benefit over TMZ alone
- 86% of patients received a survival benefit from Optune Gio, because they used it more than half the time (n=388/450)
Simple steps to start patients on Optune Gio
Novocure® has identified a 4-step process that may help your patients with GBM start Optune Gio and achieve their treatment goals.
- Discuss treatment plan with multidisciplinary team, patient, and caregiver
- Submit prescription order form and supporting documentation
- Follow-up 2 weeks post Optune Gio initiation to review integration and skin care
- Manage each patient via monthly follow-ups and review of the Optune Gio Usage Report
References: 1. Optune Gio. Instructions For Use. Novocure; 2023. 2. Novocure Data on File US-DOF-0036. 3. Novocure Data on File OPT-115.3. 4. Kinzel A, Ambrogi M, Varshaver M, Kirson ED. Tumor treating fields for glioblastoma treatment: patient satisfaction and compliance with the second-generation Optune® system. Clin Med Insights Oncol. 2019;13:1179554918825449. doi:10.1177/1179554918825449 5. Optune. Patient Information and Operation Manual. Novocure; 2023. 6. Toms SA, Kim CY, Nicholas G, Ram Z. Increased compliance with tumor treating fields therapy is prognostic for improved survival in the treatment of glioblastoma: a subgroup analysis of the EF-14 phase III trial. J Neurooncol. 2019;141(2):467-473.