Integrating Optune Gio into Practice
In 4 steps, MyNovocure™ helps you easily integrate Optune Gio™ into your practice
Click on these 4 steps to help you integrate Optune Gio into your practice
DISCUSS treatment plan with multidisciplinary team, patient, and caregiver
- A coordinated approach with your multidisciplinary team is key for ensuring consistent communication with patients and caregivers.
- Present Optune Gio in a way that addresses your patient’s needs and concerns.
- Remind patients and caregivers about the support available to them through MyNovocure™.
- Recommend the Buddy Program. It allows your patients to speak with current Optune Gio users who can share their personal experiences using Optune Gio. Go to Optune Buddy Program Enrollment.
- Reinforce the treatment plan at subsequent visits.
SUBMIT prescription order form and supporting documentation
- Submit: Office submits complete prescription order. MyNovocure will begin the benefits investigation on behalf of your patient. After submission, your assistance may be needed. If so, you will be contacted by a MyNovocure team member.
- Support: Once the prescription is processed, the Optune Gio Treatment Kit is delivered to your patient’s designated Device Support Specialist (DSS).
- Initiate: DSS delivers the Optune Gio Treatment Kit to your patient and completes technical training in the home (or clinic).
FOLLOW UP 2 weeks post Optune Gio initiation to review integration and skin care
- Schedule a follow-up with your patient 2 weeks after initiation to encourage a positive response.
- Discuss integrating Optune Gio into daily life and proper skin care, as managing skin-related AEs is paramount to optimizing time on therapy.
MANAGE each patient via monthly follow-ups and review of the Optune Gio Usage Report. Maintaining treatment with Optune Gio is critical for the realization of maximal treatment benefit
Review the monthly Optune Gio Usage Report to help.
- Gain insights into how well each patient is adjusting to treatment with Optune Gio
- Establish usage goals that are appropriate
- Each patient can also contact their Device Support Specialist (DSS) for tips to help optimize their time on Optune Gio.
MyLink™ makes usage data collection easier
- MyLink lets your patients easily upload their Optune Gio data to the remote storage server from the comfort of their homes.
- Increases Novocure’s virtual patient support capability and enables your Novocure DSS to better support your patients.
- Provides you the usage information you need to monitor their treatment.
Managing GBM remotely? Optune Gio continues to be a viable treatment choice
These telemedicine best practices have been developed to address the evolving nature of patient care.
- Have a dedicated staff for scheduling
- Obtain verbal consent from patients
- Remind patients that the appointment start time may vary
- Dial in to the virtual platform early to address potential technical issues
- Pull up all files to be shared in advance
- Have participants introduce themselves (can include caregiver)
- Speak slowly, clearly, and concisely
- Encourage patients and/or caregivers to take notes
- Leave time for patients and caregivers to ask questions
- Have the patient and/or caregiver read back the counsel provided
- Determine if telemedicine is right for the individual patient
Contact MyNovocure for all your practice and patient support needs